The GDPR has significantly transformed the global data protection landscape.
The Regulation gives EU residents more power over their privacy and personal data, and places stricter controls on the organisations that handle this data.
Compliance with the GDPR isn’t optional. Failure to comply can result in hefty regulatory fines of €20 million or up to 4% of annual global turnover (whichever is greater). With data breaches on the rise, now is the time to kick-start your GDPR compliance project.
GDPR webinars on demand
Watch our pre-recorded webinars for more information on the Regulation and how to become compliant.
Learn about the key challenges of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
According to the IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals, as many as 75,000 new DPOs are now needed globally. However, being a relatively new role, there is a vast shortage of talented candidates and a lack of understanding as to what the role of DPO entails.
Finding the time to adequately execute the tasks and responsibilities could prove challenging. While a DPO must have access to all personal data processes and activities within the organisation, the complexity of the job role can often prove challenging.
Read more >>
This webinar session will provide expert insight into the challenges DPOs face in their role as a Data Protection Officer (DPO). This webinar will cover:
- An introduction to the role of DPO and its context within the GDPR;
- The requirements for fulfilling the role of DPO under the GDPR e.g. experience, qualifications;
- The responsibilities of a DPO and type of activities that fall under the DPO remit;
- Key challenges faced by DPOs and how they can be addressed;
- Real life (anonymised) examples of DPO activities that became complex and difficult to handle; and
- Options and best-practice for filling the role of Data Protection Officer.