What is external network penetration testing?
An external network penetration test is used to detect vulnerabilities and security issues in a network that could be exploited by criminal hackers.
It involves identifying vulnerabilities, attempting to exploit them, and providing a report with risk and remediation advice.
xternal network penetration tests use advanced techniques and automated scans to identify risks within a business by simulating real-world attacks. They cover:
- Secure configurations
- Network traffic
- Secure passwords
- Secure authentication
- Information leakage
Download the full service description.
Speak to an expert
For more information on how our CREST-accredited penetration testing services can help safeguard your organisation,
call us now on +44 (0)333 800 7000, or request a call back using the form below.
Get in touch
Benefits of an external network penetration test
Our external network penetration tests will help you:
- Identify and understand the technology-related vulnerabilities affecting your external infrastructure;
- Understand the potential business impacts of vulnerabilities;
- Demonstrate a strong security posture to clients by providing third-party assurances that your external infrastructure is secure;
- Comply with ISO 27001, the UK Data Protection Act 2018 the UK GDPR, the PCI DSS, and other legal and contractual requirements; and
- Protect brand loyalty and corporate image by reducing the likelihood of a security breach.
Is an external network penetration test right for you?
If you are responsible for your external network, you should ask yourself:
- Are my systems fully patched and properly configured?
- Are any systems or applications secured with weak or default passwords?
- Have I accounted for all the services exposed to the Internet?
- Could malware be present on my system?
- Is every device secured by a correctly configured firewall?
- Is my confidential information properly segregated or secured?
Our external network penetration testing methodology
IT Governance’s External Infrastructure Penetration Test follows our proprietary security testing methodology, which is based on the SANS and OSSTMM methodologies.
This service can scan external network perimeter targets, such as file servers and web servers.
IT Governance uses automated scans and advanced manual testing techniques to assess your security and identify vulnerabilities.
Select your external network penetration test
We offer two levels of penetration tests to meet your budget and technical requirements.
- A fixed-scope vulnerability assessment package for your external infrastructure, combining manual and automated scans.
- Allows you to evaluate your security posture and make more accurate budgetary decisions.
Please contact us to purchase one of our quick, affordable and fixed-price penetration tests.
- Scoped according to your specific requirements, a level 2 test attempts to access your assets and resources by exploiting identified security vulnerabilities.
- Assesses your security posture in greater detail so you can make better decisions about investing in securing your business-critical systems.
Please contact us to request a quote or speak to a penetration testing expert for further information.
Request a free quote