The GDPR has significantly transformed the global data protection landscape.
The Regulation gives EU residents more power over their privacy and personal data, and places stricter controls on the organisations that handle this data.
Compliance with the GDPR isn’t optional. Failure to comply can result in hefty regulatory fines of €20 million or up to 4% of annual global turnover (whichever is greater). With data breaches on the rise, now is the time to kick-start your GDPR compliance project.
GDPR webinars on demand
Watch our pre-recorded webinars for more information on the Regulation and how to become compliant.
UK competent authorities processing personal data are required to comply with the DPA (Data Protection Act) 2018, specifically Part 3, which relates to law enforcement processing.
Read more >>
This webinar aims to provide an understanding of Part 3 – Law Enforcement Processing, and discusses the key principles of the processing of personal data by a competent authority for law enforcement purposes.
Presented by IT Governance’s Consultancy Manager Shaun Beresford, this live webinar session will discuss:
- What Part 3 of the DPA 2018 is and why you need to pay attention to it;
- Key definitions for law enforcement processing;
- Penalties issued by the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) to police departments between 2016 and 2018;
- The principles of law enforcement processing and data subjects’ rights; and
- A 12-step approach to law enforcement processing.