ISO 22301 Gap Analysis
One of the biggest challenges when implementing an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS (business continuity management system) is understanding the Standard’s specific requirements and how to meet them.
IT Governance’s ISO 22301 Gap Analysis service delivers an expert assessment of how your business continuity plans and procedures align with the clauses of ISO 22301, the international standard that outlines the specification for a best-practice BCMS.
Conducted by our team of BCM (business continuity management) experts, this service equips you with the skills required to implement a BCMS that supports the business and strategic objectives of your organisation.
The IT Governance gap analysis will:
Help you develop a business case and correctly scope your BCMS project.
Provide expert analysis and detailed insights into your implementation project that you wouldn’t receive with a more simplified questionnaire-based gap analysis.
Help you secure the necessary management commitment and resources right from the start.
View the full ISO 22301 service description here >>
Find out more about the ISO 22301 gap analysis
Why do you need an ISO 22301
An ISO 22301 gap analysis is considered the starting point when tackling a BCMS implementation project, and takes into consideration the individual needs and context of your organisation. The ISO 22301 gap analysis delivers:
- A clear outline of the proposed scope for your BCMS project.
- Realistic project expectations based on the specific requirements of your organisation.
- Detailed and customised information necessary to develop a strong business case for implementing an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS.
Speak a to BCM expert or contact us for a quote >>
Click here for a fixed-price gap analysis >>
What should you expect from the ISO 22301
A BCM expert will work with you, interviewing key managers and other individuals within your organisation to check what BCM policies and procedures already exist. These policies and procedures will be assessed for relevance, effectiveness and efficiency to highlight any potential areas for improvement against ISO 22301’s requirements, and ensure your organisation is getting the most from the BCMS.
The findings will be collated into a gap analysis report detailing the areas where improvement is needed, and providing recommendations for more effective compliance with ISO 22301.
Download the full ISO 22301 service description >>
What will the ISO 22301 gap analysis report include?
View a sample gap analysis report >>
- An analysis of the overall state and maturity of your business continuity arrangements.
- Details of the gaps between your current business continuity arrangements and the requirements of ISO 22301.
- Options for the scope of an effective ISO 22301-compliant BCMS, and how these options help to meet your business and strategic objectives.
- An action plan that outlines and indicates the level of internal management effort required to implement and maintain an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS.
- A compliance status report (red/amber/green) against the management system clauses (clause-by-clause) described in ISO 22301:2012.
Why choose IT Governance?
- We possess practical business acumen, meaning we can translate complex concepts into meaningful objectives that will deliver real business improvements.
- We know what certification bodies expect. We’ve helped hundreds of clients achieve certification to a range of management standards including ISO 22301.
- All our consultancy projects come with a 100% certification guarantee, meaning that our initial advice provides you with a clear roadmap of what needs to be done, how it needs to be done and why it needs to be done.
- Our advice is always pragmatic and we work according to your budget, timeframe and organisational needs.
- We provide guidance on the roles and responsibilities for implementing a BCMS and outline a clear plan on how to assign resources appropriately.
- We offer a wide range of BCM products and services, including books, training courses and documentation toolkits to support your implementation journey.
- We take an integrated approach to compliance because of our recognised expertise in other internationally adopted standards such as ISO 27001 and ISO 9001.
Speak to an expert
Whatever the nature or size of your problem, we are here to help. Get in touch today using one of the contact methods below.