Regular risk assessments ensure the security measures you implement are relevant, efficient and cost-effective.
According to Section 6.1.2 of ISO 27001, the information security risk assessment process must:
- Establish and maintain certain information security risk criteria;
- Ensure that repeated risk assessments “produce consistent, valid and comparable results”;
- “Identify risks associated with the loss of confidentiality, integrity and availability for information within the scope of the information security management system”;
- Identify the owners of those risks; and
- Analyse and evaluate information security risks according to certain criteria.
Most importantly, organisations must “retain documented information about the information security risk assessment process” so they can demonstrate that they comply with these requirements.
Manual risk assessment methods are time-consuming and expensive, and often suffer from data and process inconsistencies that undermine the integrity and dependability of their results.
vsRisk is an online ISO 27001 risk assessment software tool that helps you conduct fast, accurate and consistent ISO 27001-compliant risk assessments.
It delivers the results you need in order to achieve your organisation’s risk management objectives consistently and cost-effectively year after year.
With vsRisk, you don’t need to spend time developing a risk assessment methodology or on costly trial and error: you can immediately get to work on the actual risk assessment, which means you get actionable results much sooner.
vsRisk will also save you time maintaining your risk assessment: its robust methodology means that upcoming risk reviews and further risk assessments can be performed quickly, consistently and cost-effectively.
With nearly ten years of development invested in it, vsRisk incorporates feedback and experience from hundreds of ISO 27001 risk assessments, and is supported by an ongoing investment and user support programme that brings additional useful functionality and features to help you continually improve your ISMS.
Learn more about vsRisk Cloud