What is cyber resilience?
Cyber resilience is the ability to prepare for, respond to and recover from cyber attacks.
It helps an organisation protect against cyber risks, defend against and limit the severity of attacks, and ensure its continued survival despite an attack.
Cyber resilience has emerged over the past few years because traditional cyber security measures are no longer enough to protect organisations from the spate of persistent attacks.
Speak to a Cyber Resilience expert
Speak to one of our experts for more information on implementing a cyber resilience strategy. Our team of experts are on hand to offer specialist advice and can help you find the best solution for your requirements. Simply call 0333 800 7000 or request a call back using the form below.
The four elements of cyber resilience
The IT Governance Cyber Resilience Framework recommends a four-part approach to cyber resilience:
The first element of a cyber resilience programme involves being able to identify, assess and manage the risks associated with network and information systems, including those across the supply chain.
It also requires the protection of information and systems from cyber attacks, system failures, and unauthorised access.
Find out more >>
This stage should cover:
- Malware protection
- Information and security policies
- Formal information security management programme
- Identity and access control
- Security teams are competent and receive regular training
- Security staff awareness training
- Physical and environmental security
- Patch management
- Network and communications security
- Systems security
- Asset management
- Supply chain risk management
The benefits of cyber resilience
A cyber-resilient posture helps you to:
- Reduce financial losses;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements: new regulations such as the NIS (Network and Information Systems) Regulations and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) call for improved incident response management and in some cases, business continuity management;
- Improve your culture and internal processes; and
- Protect your brand and reputation.
How we can help you develop cyber resilience
IT Governance is a leading global cyber risk and privacy management consultancy. We advise global businesses on their most critical issues and present cost-saving and risk-reducing solutions based on international best practice and frameworks. Just as we’ve helped hundreds of other organisations globally, we can help you.