What is CISSP?
CISSP is a vendor-neutral information security certification developed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, also known as (ISC)².
Globally recognised as the best Information Systems Security certification for security professionals, it teaches the eight fundamental domains of Information Security.
As of 2019, there are 136,480 (ISC)² members holding the CISSP certification worldwide.
Who is CISSP for?
The CISSP certification is ideal for those working in positions such as (but not limited to):
- Security Consultant
- Security Analyst
- Security Manager
- Security Systems Engineer
- IT Director/Manager
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Auditor
- Director of Security
- Security Architect
- Network Architect
What does CISSP cover?
The CISSP curriculum is comprised of an information security common body of knowledge (CBK), which is divided into eight domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK is the essential guide for those preparing for the CISSP exam.
The CISSP certification
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification has become a prerequisite for anyone developing a senior career in information security.
It provides information security professionals with an objective measure of competence and a globally recognised standard of achievement.
What are the prerequisites for CISSP?
To qualify for the CISSP certification, you must:
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in two or more of the eight CBK domains.
- Pass the CISSP examination.
- Complete the endorsement process and subscribe to the (ISC)² Code of Ethics.
- Maintain certification through continuing professional education (CPE) credits.
Get in touch
If you’re an IT professional looking to advance your career with the CISSP qualification but have some questions, call our training team on +44 (0)333 800 7000, or request a call back using the form below. Our experts are ready and waiting with practical advice.