Cyber incident response management: an essential tool for the GDPR and NIS Regulations
This webinar focuses on the importance of incident response under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and NIS Directive (Directive on security of network and information systems – now transposed into UK law as the NIS Regulations 2018), and delivers an overview of CIRM (cyber incident response management). The webinar will also explain why CIRM is central to cyber resilience, business continuity and disaster recovery, and offers a brief explanation of the CREST methodology.
This webinar will cover:
- An overview of the GDPR and NIS Directive compliance frameworks;
- Similarities and differences between the GDPR and NIS Directive;
- GDPR – what the law states;
- GDPR – what the law implies: considerations and incident response management as an essential means of providing data privacy, data protection and cyber resilience; reporting requirements;
- NIS Directive: what it is; OES (operators of essential services); DSPs (digital service providers);
- Technology considerations;
- Competent authorities and reporting requirements; and
- General CIRM concepts and the CREST methodology.