Terms of Business
IT Governance Ltd – Legal Statements
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Terms
- In line with the UK’s consumer protection (distance selling) regulations (as amended and including the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), the terms set out below apply only to purchases made from this website by consumers acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside the individual’s business, and do not under any conditions apply to purchases made by businesses, or by individuals acting for or on behalf of businesses, organisations or corporations of any sort.
- All tangible, movable items (‘goods’) are subject to a delivery charge, which will be raised at the point of sale. Further specific conditions governing delivery charges (including a list of those countries for which risk in the delivery passes to the purchaser on despatch from our facility) are set out here.
- All ‘prior information’ required under the regulations is provided in each individual product description page on this website.
- Substitute products will only ever be supplied with the consumer’s prior agreement.
- RETURNS POLICY - subject to the clauses below, consumers may cancel the purchase of any goods purchased through this site and return the goods to the company for a refund of the purchase price.
- With the exception of unsealed audio or video recordings or software or electronic subscription products or downloadable templates, documents, books or reports in pdf or other electronic format (digital content, the value in which is inherent in the information and/or analysis that has been delivered and which, by its nature, cannot be returned) in respect of which consumers waive, on receipt of the digital content, any right of contract cancellation, consumers have a statutory right to cancel purchases made from this website at any time up to 14 (fourteen) working days starting the day after delivery .
- Subject to the point above, consumers who choose to cancel their purchase must inform the Company by writing to the Company’s registered office address, or by emailing email@example.com, quoting the electronic purchase sale number, the date of the transaction and the items purchased. This letter must contain a categorical statement that goods that have been delivered have not been copied, duplicated or used in any way.
- Consumers are responsible for protecting and maintaining goods and must return all goods purchased and in respect of which they wish to exercise their right to cancel, at their own expense and in the same condition as they received them, to the Company’s registered address or such other address as the Company directs.
- We will refund in full the actual purchase price paid for the returned items, less any appropriate deductions for diminution of the goods prior to return together with the cost of the cheapest method of delivery that was available at the point of purchase. When goods are returned to us or collected by us at our own cost, we will deduct these costs from the amount of money that we will refund to the consumer.
If any of these terms is at any time held in any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void, and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- No Waiver
No waiver by the Company, in exercising any right, power or provision hereunder shall operate as a waiver of any other right or of that same right at a future time; nor shall any delay in exercise of any power or right be interpreted as a waiver.
- Governing Law.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the user explicitly accepts that only the law courts of England have jurisdiction to deal with any matter arising from or in any way, whether directly or indirectly, related to the use of this website and, accordingly, the user explicitly waives all and any rights to bring any action of any sort in relation to this website or to any transaction carried out with it or any data stored on it or provided to it in any court anywhere else in the world.
- RETURNS - subject to prior cancellation of an order, in line with the conditions set out above, all goods must be returned to our warehouse in the UK. Please obtain a returns number from our sales and support staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your cancelled purchase and we will email you with a returns number together with the current returns mailing address.
Online Purchasing Agreements
Only those organisations that have approved credit accounts are authorised to place orders through our websites using a purchase order, as documented in an Online Purchasing Agreement. All purchases made by means of a purchase order are subject to specific terms as set out in that organisation’s Online Purchasing Agreement.
22 January 2013
We – IT Governance Ltd – regard your privacy as important. Information we collect from you, where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to send you information about products and services in which you register an interest. By providing us with your information you consent to us processing it for this purpose. We will not pass it on to any third party.
When you enter our site via an affiliate link, we may provide your basic contact details (email address only) to the affiliate on request, as the affiliate initiated the sales contract with you.
The IT Governance website does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than information that is automatically logged about visitors and which is used to produce statistics about the use of the site. The following types of information are automatically collected and stored about any visit:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the site;
- the type of Internet browser and the operating system of the computer you use to access the site;
- the date and time you visit the site;
- the pages you visit on the site;
- if you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website;
- if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
This information is collected by our web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of our site.
You will be asked for personal information if you wish to use our services (such as our weekly newsletter, information services, web forum or consultancy or if you make a general enquiry or ask us to contact you). In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to use.
You may revoke your consent to processing of your data at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you, or ask to correct or delete that information.
We will not provide your information to any other organisation for any purposes under any conditions.
Links within this site to other web sites are not covered by this policy.
First-party (IT Governance Ltd) cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and which provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
This website will only set three types of third party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them:
Training Course Terms and Conditions
- All IT Governance Ltd (‘ITG’) public training courses, including all those for which we act as booking agents for third-party training providers, are subject to the terms and conditions set out below and, by booking an ITG training course or a third-party training course through us, our customers (‘you’) accept these terms and conditions. All in-house training courses are subject to our General Terms and Conditions.
Prices for individual courses are as advertised on our website and are exclusive of VAT. Where required, VAT will be added to the advertised price to arrive at the final total cost. The course price includes trainers’ time, provision of training rooms and necessary facilities, all necessary training materials and morning and/or afternoon refreshments. It does not include travelling or other subsistence costs.
- Bookings, which are in all cases subject to the availability of places on courses and, for third-party courses, on confirmation to us by the training provider that the course will actually run, will be accepted by us and the rights and responsibilities in respect of cancellation will apply from the date at which the booking is made. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any public course unless:
- The full purchase price has been paid through the booking page for your chosen course through our website; or
- a valid purchase order has been received by ITG from a UK local authority, other UK public sector organisation or a company that has an approved credit account with us; and/or
- the full purchase price has been received by bank transfer to ITG in advance.
- Delegates will not be permitted to enter the classroom if payment has not been made as set out above. The cancellation terms above shall apply in any case.
- Once a booking has been accepted, cancellation terms (below) apply.
- Delegate cancellation charges
You may cancel your booking without penalty providing ITG receives written notice more than 28 working days prior to the start of the relevant training course. Written cancellations received by us between 28 and 21 days prior to the start of the training course will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee, and if between 20 and 11 days a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for written cancellations received 10 working days or less before the start of the training course. No refunds will be given if you fail to attend a course for which you have made a booking.
Delegates can be transferred from one course to another or alternative delegates can be substituted for those already booked on a course. For this to happen, the following fees apply: written notification more than 28 working days prior to the start of the relevant training course without penalty; between 28 and 21 days prior to the start of the training course a 25% transfer fee; 20 to 11 days a 50% transfer fee. Transfers 10 days or less in advance of a course will be treated as a cancellation, and will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
(N.B. Unless we know the names of delegates five working days in advance, it may not be possible to provide attendance certificates at the end of the training course.)
- Course cancellations ITG (and its selected training partners) reserve the right to cancel training courses but will endeavour not to do so within 10 working days of the start of the course. If a training course is cancelled, ITG’s only obligation to you will be, at our discretion, either to reschedule the cancelled course within four months or to refund in full the fees paid by you for the training course. To the fullest extent permitted by law, ITG will not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by you as a direct, indirect, special or consequential nature arising from such a cancellation.
- VISAs Delegates Delegates from outside the UK may have to obtain visas in order to attend a public training course in the UK. We will endeavour to provide you with reasonable support in order for you to obtain a visa, but the actual issue of a visa is beyond our control and we have no liability to you in respect of the issue of such a visa. We will only issue appropriate invitation letters once you have booked and paid for the course(s) you wish to attend and our visa invitation letters will only be in respect of such course(s). If your visa is not issued in time for you to travel to the UK to attend your chosen course we will, at your discretion, arrange for you to attend an alternative course at a later date or we will without deduction refund any course fees paid. We will not under any circumstances be responsible for travel costs you may have incurred. If your visa is issued in sufficient time for you to attend your course but you do not attend, then our standard cancellation clauses will apply, including your liability to make payment in full.
- Delegate Background You are responsible for ensuring that the backgrounds of your delegates are suitable for the training course(s) that they are attending. ITG will not be liable for any refund if delegates decide that the course material is inappropriate for them or where they are unable to participate fully for any reason. In no circumstances will ITG be liable to refund any amount in excess of the agreed and paid price for any training course. This applies in particular (but is not limited) to any travelling, subsistence or consequential expenses of any sort incurred by your delegates.
- Copyright and intellectual property All copyright and other intellectual property rights in or relating to any course materials provided or made available in connection with the course are and remain the sole property of ITG and/or its third-party providers. Course materials may not be used, copied, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, distributed or transmitted in whole or in part or in any form or by any means, whether electronically, mechanically, or otherwise, or translated into any language, without the prior written permission of ITG and/or its third-party providers.
Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use
- This website is operated by IT Governance Ltd, of Unit 3, Clive Court, Bartholomew's Way, Cambridgeshire Business Park, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4EA, registered in England with number 4418178 (‘the Company’).
- Any user of the Company’s website accepts unreservedly, by using the site or purchasing products from it, the terms and conditions for its use and the conditions of contract that are set out here. These terms include the legal jurisdiction within which any legal issues arising from the operation of the site may be addressed. Any person who does not wish to accept these terms and conditions or who knows, or ought to know, of any reason these terms and conditions might not be capable of applying to their purposes, is not authorised to use this site nor to make any purchase from this site. These terms apply to each and every visit that a user may make to this site.
- In order to ensure that this website remains available to all users, the Company may monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this site expressly consents to such monitoring.
- Unauthorised attempts to modify, alter, deface, destroy or corrupt any information stored on this site or this system, to defeat or circumvent any security features, to probe, scan or test for vulnerabilities, to breach security or authentication measures, to forge TCP/IP headers, to install or attempt to install unauthorised software, to mount denial-of-service attacks or to utilise this system for other than its intended purposes are expressly prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
- Any possible criminal activity will be reported, together with any evidence that may be gathered, to the appropriate authorities.
- Disclaimer of liability
- Every effort is made to provide useful, accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there are no errors. The Company makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of the contents of this site and expressly disclaims liability of any sort for errors and omissions in the contents of this site.
- Neither the Company nor its employees, associates nor contractors make any warranty, expressed, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty that third-party rights or title have not been infringed, or any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
- No warranty of any sort is made with respect to the content of third party sites that have links from this site and all liability of every sort is expressly disclaimed.
- The Company is not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with any use of the information or services available on this site.
- Disclaimer of endorsement
- This site, and documents posted on it, may contain hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organisations. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, usefulness, timeliness, or completeness of any linked information.
- The inclusion of links or pointers to other sites is not intended to assign importance to those sites and the information contained in them, nor is it intended to endorse, recommend, or favour any views expressed, or commercial products or services offered on those sites, or the organisations sponsoring the sites, by trade name, trademark, manufacture or otherwise.
- Reference on this site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the site's visitors, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the Company.
- The views expressed by any individual within the web forum are the views of that individual only and do not reflect or represent in any way the views of the Company.
- All content on this site, and all content of any documents provided to visitors or clients (in, for instance, newsletters) is the property of the Company, or of another original copyright holder, unless stated otherwise.
- No user may copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, display, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, except with the express written agreement of the Company or of the original copyright holder. These copyright terms apply to all books and other products purchased from this site, or acquired by accessing this site.
- Free services
- The Company provides a number of free services from its site, such as newsletters, green papers, etc. There is no contract with the Company for any free service, so no user can become a client by using any free service and the Company is not liable to any user in any way resulting from the use of any free service.
- Products purchased from the Company
- The Company makes no representation and gives no warranty with respect to any of the products provided by the Company. It does not suggest any product is suitable for any particular use. The Company’s customisable document templates are provided without liability of any sort.
- Documents are provided as standard template versions to be edited and changed to suit each individual user’s circumstances. The Company does not refund money if a user decides, for any reason whatsoever, not to use a document template once it has been purchased. This does not affect the customer's statutory right to cancel.
- Although they have been subject to careful review, documents may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Procedures and policies available from this site are only likely to apply in those jurisdictions or countries or situations for which they have been expressly drafted. No liability of any sort can be accepted from any attempt to apply them in different circumstances.
- We store the contract's content and will send you the details of your order as well as a link to our general terms via email. You can find the terms here at all times. The details about your recent orders can be found in your customer login.
Cyber compliance services (such as Cyber Essentials and penetration testing services) are delivered under our General Terms and Conditions, a copy of which is available to genuine clients upon request.
IT Governance Ltd is registered in England, number 4418178.