If you accept card payments, you need PCI DSS training
The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) applies to all merchants and service providers that transmit, process or store payment card data. It is designed to reduce payment card fraud using security controls that protect cardholder data.
Three things are needed to comply:
- Specialist knowledge of the 12 technical requirements and 6 control objectives.
- Systems and processes that implement those requirements and objectives.
- A formal staff awareness programme.
If you haven’t updated your systems to comply with version 4.0 of the Standard, you’ll need to transition before 31 March 2024.
One of the main changes in version 4.0 is the emphasis on creating a security awareness culture, and systems and processes to maintain access control and manage vulnerabilities. At IT Governance, we offer:
- Transition courses to update your knowledge from v3.2.1 to v4.0;
- Foundation courses to get you started;
- Lead Implementer courses for those leading or managing the implementation of PCI DSS in their organisation; and
- Staff awareness courses to help you comply with Clause 12.6 of PCI DSS v4.0 – both self-paced elearning courses and bespoke courses with specific additional content.
All our PCI DSS courses are designed by PCI QSAs (Qualified Security Assessors).
All our courses are certified and qualify for CPD points.
If you can’t find what you need in the shop in your country, contact our global sales team. All the courseware is available in English in a self-paced online format as a minimum.
In most cases, we will be running live instructor-led courses in your time zone so you can join in person or Live Online. We also offer customised courses for organisations with specific content, including practice exercises and interactive community features. See the in-house training page for more information.