These pages answers frequently asked questions about the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Questions are grouped by topic – simply use the left-hand navigation bar or the links below to find the answers you need.
If you have a general question that isn’t answered here, let us know and we’ll do our best to update this page.
Alternatively, if you have a more complex query, why not talk to one of our consultants using our GDPR Ask Us service?
- What is the GDPR?
- What is the difference between EU regulations and directives?
- Where can I find the full text of the GDPR?
- When did the GDPR take effect?
- How does the GDPR relate to the DPA (Data Protection Act) 2018
- How will Brexit affect the GDPR?
- Do I need a lot of documents to comply with the GDPR?
- How do you write a GDPR privacy notice?
- How do you write a GDPR data subject access request procedure?
- How do you write a GDPR-compliant data protection policy?
- How do you write a GDPR personal data breach notification procedure?
- How do you comply with Article 30 of the GDPR?
- How do you report a personal data breach?
- What are the penalties for not complying with the GDPR?
- What happens if I have missed the GDPR enforcement deadline?
- What are the GDPR’s rules on security?
- What are the GDPR’s data processing principles?
- What lawful bases for processing should we use, and do we always need consent?
- What rights do individuals (data subjects) have under the GDPR?
- Does my organisation need to register under the GDPR?
- How can ISO 27001 help me comply with the GDPR?
- Why are risk assessments essential for GDPR compliance and how do you perform them?
- Which organisations must appoint a DPO (data protection officer) under the GDPR?
- Can organisations share a DPO (data protection officer)?
- What sort of data processing does the GDPR apply to?
- How does the GDPR define personal data?
- How does the GDPR affect businesses outside the EU?
- What is a data breach under the GDPR?
- What is the difference between personal data and sensitive data under the GDPR?
- What is the difference between a data processor and a data controller under the GDPR?
Speak to a GDPR expert
If your question has not been answered, get in touch using one of the methods below to speak with one of our GDPR experts.