IG Toolkit Compliance
Improve your information governance and data security with expert support
The Information Governance (IG) Toolkit is an online system that enables health and social care organisations to assess themselves against best-practice information governance policies and standards. Produced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC), compliance with the IG Toolkit ensures that the integrity and confidentiality of patient data is protected, and enables organisations to connect to the N3 network (soon to be called the Health and Social Care Network).
Data Security and Protection (DSP) Toolkit
From April 2018, the IG Toolkit will be replaced by the Data Security and Protection (DSP) Toolkit as the standard for cyber and data security for healthcare organisations. The Department of Health (DoH), in conjunction with NHS England, has released guidance on these changes.
IG Toolkit version 14.1
The IG Toolkit 14.1 (IGT v14.1) has many requirements, depending on the type of organisation using the toolkit, classified under six initiative areas, which means that achieving compliance can be time-consuming and demanding.
Get compliant fast! If you are a small business, the FastTrack service helps you meet the HSCIC requirements quickly and effectively at a fixed price. The toolkit is aimed at Commercial Third Parties or Business Partners wishing to connect to the N3 (Health and Social Care) network.
An on-site, two-day assessment service designed to help medium-sized to large Commercial Third Parties and Business Partners assess their current level of compliance against the specific requirements of the HSCIC and IG Toolkit, for a fixed price.
A full set of handy documentation templates, designed for either Business Partners or Commercial Third Parties, to help you comply with the latest requirements of the NHS IGTv14.1. To ensure ongoing compliance with the IG Toolkit, we can provide support in three ways:
- IG Toolkit maintenance, which will advise on corrective and preventive actions, document updates and risk reviews.
- Our internal auditing service will assess whether the plans you have put in place are working as expected and, where necessary, advise on how they can be improved.
- Ongoing legal advice, support and assistance.
IG Toolkit Consultancy
Our specialist IG Toolkit advisory team can help you take fast remedial action and recover from the consequences of a breach with the smallest possible business disruption. Our experienced professionals can deal with your case in confidence, providing the support you need to get back to business as usual within the shortest possible timeframe.
Our consultancy services include the following:
- Assistance with registration on the IG Toolkit HSCIC portal.
- Assistance completing the Information Governance Statement of Compliance (IG SoC).
- IG Toolkit health check/gap analysis.
- Confidentiality audits.
- Review, development and updates of existing documentation, policies and procedures.
- Information governance staff awareness training.
- Development and implementation of an IG Toolkit improvement plan.
- Supporting the management of your day-to-day IG issues.
- Assistance with IG-related activities with your third-party service providers.
- Support for ongoing work in all IG subject areas.
Our expertise will help you ensure continuous, business-as-usual compliance
Where there is nonconformity, organisations need to implement appropriate measures (e.g. assign responsibility and put in place policies, procedures, processes and guidance for staff) to raise governance standards through year-on-year improvements.
IT Governance can help your organisation develop your IG Toolkit improvement plan for the first time, or provide ongoing support to help facilitate continuous compliance with the requirements of the IG Toolkit, on time and within budget.
Avoid the potential consequences of non-compliance.
Failure to comply with the IG Toolkit can have severe consequences:
- Withdrawal of Care Records Service.
- Enforcement action by the Information Commissioner in the event of a data breach.
- Adverse effects on Care Quality Commission (CQC) registration.
- An impromptu inspection by the CQC.
“Today we had our approval notification and can proceed with our business plans with NHS authorities; it’s fair to say we couldn’t have achieved it so quickly on our own!”
Jayne Watkins, Quality Education Solutions
Speak to an expert
Please contact us to achieve IG Toolkit compliance in the shortest possible time.
+44 (0)333 800 7000