COBIT® Consultancy Services
COBIT® (Control Objectives for Business and Related Technology) is a framework and supporting toolset designed to strengthen strategic IT management in all successful organisations.
We offer an expert COBIT consultancy service to help you start your project and keep it on track, as well as training courses, documentation toolkits and resources.
Everything is designed to help bridge the gap between control requirements, technical issues, and business risks in a way that supports your organisation’s specific challenges when implementing COBIT.
COBIT enables clear policy development and good practice for IT control throughout organisations, emphasising regulatory compliance whilst also helping you to increase the value attained from IT.
When properly implemented, the COBIT standard allows evaluation and control of the information environment so that it constantly contributes to the company’s operational and business objectives.
What are the benefits of COBIT?
COBIT helps enterprises of all sizes to:
- maintain high-quality information to support business decisions;
- achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT;
- achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology;
- maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level;
- optimise the cost of IT services and technology;
- support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.
How can COBIT help your organisation to improve its overall performance and market position?
COBIT implementation can make sound business sense in many situations, especially if you have the following internal challenges that a framework of management controls can help you to address:
- Aligning IT strategy with the business strategy
- Measuring IT performance
- Providing assurance to investors and shareholders that a ‘standard of due care’ around mitigating IT risks is being met by the organisation
- Meeting regulatory requirements for IT controls in areas such as privacy and financial reporting (e.g., the Data Protection Act 1998, US Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Basel II/III) and in specific sectors such as finance, pharmaceutical and healthcare
- Putting in place measures that ensure IT achieves its objectives
- Making IT resilient enough to learn and adapt
- Whether IT appropriately recognising opportunities and acting upon them
- Obtaining demonstrable value from IT investments
- Managing the selection of service providers, service outsourcing and acquisition
- Managing the increasingly complex IT-related risks, such as network security
- Benchmarking to compare enterprise performance against accepted standards and peers
COBIT enables clear policy development and good practice for IT control throughout organisations.
How is COBIT 5 different from COBIT 4.1?
COBIT 5 is the latest version of the COBIT framework and control set, incorporating the enterprise governance and management techniques, and providing globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT 4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO).
How is COBIT 5 structured and what are the COBIT 5 processes?
COBIT 5 is based on five key principles for the governance and management of enterprise IT:
- COBIT Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- COBIT Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to-End
- COBIT Principle 3: Applying a Single, Integrated Framework
- COBIT Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- COBIT Principle 5: Separating Governance From Management
How can our COBIT Consultancy help you to succeed with COBIT?
Are you considering implementing COBIT in your organisation, but are not sure how much work will be involved and whether your existing management frameworks and control sets can be adapted? IT Governance can help you to understand the COBIT requirements, through a combination of training (COBIT 5 Foundation Course), on-site workshops to explore IT-related risks in your organisation, and consultancy advice on control objectives and appropriate controls and processes from COBIT.
Our experts can help you to plan the implementation of selected controls and processes, providing the necessary documentation and assisting you with the other key activities during the implementation phase.
We can also help you to transition from COBIT version 4.1 to version 5, and integrate COBIT with other frameworks, such as ITIL (IT Service Management) and ISO27001 (Information Security).
Speak to an expert
Please contact our consultancy team for advice and guidance on our COBIT consultancy services.