BS 10012 compliance – certification and consultancy
Implementing a PIMS (personal information management system) can be challenging without the knowledge to deploy a management system framework. Even seasoned privacy professionals may struggle to correctly interpret the requirements of the Standard if they don’t have experience of management system standards.
At IT Governance, our strength in depth of standards implementation and data security ensures we deliver tangible business value for clients. When you sign up for our consultancy service, you partner with an experienced team that can provide expert support and guide you through the process with minimal interruption to your business.
A gap analysis can provide you with a clear indication of the gaps between your current privacy management practices and those of BS 10012.
The results of the gap analysis can provide a strong foundation for organisations looking to build a business case for implementing a PIMS.
A gap analysis can also be a good starting point for organisations interested in getting an expert opinion on the total project requirements, resources and potential costs of implementing a PIMS.
Once you have implemented a PIMS, it is a good idea to validate whether it is functioning effectively and as intended.
Drawing on an independent auditor with a detailed understanding of what certification bodies require, you will get valuable feedback about your compliance status and remedial advice to help you prepare for the certification audit.
With more than 15 years of practical experience working on management system standards implementations, we have extensive knowledge and a track record to support even the most complex of implementations. Our services include various delivery options to support your compliance project, including cost-effective online consultancy where additional consultancy expenses are eliminated.
With our support you will be able to save hours of unnecessary trial and error, and feel reassured that a global, experienced team is helping you achieve compliance.
Find out more
Speak to an expert
GDPR compliance: implementing a privacy compliance framework
BS 10012 has been specifically developed to support compliance with the EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). By implementing BS 10012 in conjunction with ISO 27001 (the international standard for information security management), you will be in a position to achieve full compliance with both the privacy and information security elements of the GDPR.
BS 10012 has been designed to harmonise with other management system standards, which means the majority of clauses that support the development of a PIMS, such as leadership, staff awareness, risk management and continual improvement, are aligned with the clauses of ISO 27001 to avoid duplication of effort.
Why use IT Governance?
- Our management system standards consultancy team is one of the most experienced in the UK.
- Our consultancy services come with a 100% guarantee that you will achieve certification within the timeline of the agreed project.
- Our management team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, the gold standard for information security management.
- Our delivery approach has been honed over 15 years, during which time we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on management system implementations and audits worldwide.
- We have helped more than 600 consultancy clients achieve certification and compliance to management system standards.
- We have a proven and pragmatic approach to assessing compliance with international standards, no matter the size or nature of your organisation.
- Our pricing proposals are completely transparent, so you won’t get any surprises.
- You will receive expert advice and guidance from our consultants from the outset to help you develop a business case, allowing you to secure the necessary leadership commitment and investment.
Contact us for a quote or advice
One of our account managers is ready to offer you practical advice about the best approach to take for implementing a BS 10012 project and discuss different options to suit your budget and business needs.