This website uses cookies. View our cookie policy
United Kingdom
Select regional store:

Services for Training Course Delegates from Outside the UK

Delegates from all round the world attend IT Governance Ltd. training courses.

We have developed a range of services and assistance to enable non-UK residents to easily attend professional training courses inside the UK.

If you can’t find the answer to any question you have in the list of FAQs below, please e-mail with details of your query.


Q. I am an EU national - will I need a visa to attend a professional training course in the UK?
A. No. All EU nationals can travel freely to the UK and, therefore, do not require a visa.

Q. I am from outside the EU – will I need a visa to attend a professional training course in the UK?
That depends – use the official UK Border Agency questionnaire ( to find out if you do need a visa.

Q. I do need a visa – what sort of visa do I need?
There is detailed guidance available on visa application forms and the visa application process here: If you are attending a training course arranged through IT Governance Ltd, you are likely to need either a general visa or a business visa. You DO NOT need an academic visa; our courses are short, professional training courses which range from one to five days. They are not classed as academic study and you should, therefore, not apply for an academic visa. You DO NOT need a Tier 4 sponsor in the UK in order to apply for a standard or business visa.

Q. What support does IT Governance give delegates who have to apply for a visa?
The most important item you will need from us is a letter of support, confirming the details of the course that you are attending.

Q. Do I need a special visa for a training course?
. General or business visas are acceptable for non-EU delegates to attend short professional training courses, because – as stated above - our courses range from one to five days, and, therefore, do not meet the threshold for the provider to be a Tier 4 sponsor as per instruction from the UK Border Agency.

Q. How do I get a visa?

A. Usually, this will involve making an application at your local British Embassy. Detailed guidance on how to apply for a visa is available on the UK Border Agency website: As well as the documentation described in the visa application form, you will usually also need to provide a formal letter from us, confirming that you are attending the course. We are allowed to send you such a letter as soon as we have your confirmed (invoiced and/or paid) booking for your course.

Q. Can I do more than one course while I am in the UK?
Of course. If you are looking to undertake more than one course on your stay, we can help you find back-to-back training courses at the most convenient locations. This will help ensure you maximise your stay in the UK. We can also liaise with exam boards for clarification on prerequisites for exam courses, and confirmation on the time it takes for delegates to receive results – particularly where attendance on the second course is dependent on the results of the first.

Q. Do I need strong English language skills to attend the course?
All IT Governance Ltd. public training courses are delivered in English. In order to thoroughly interact during your time on the course and gain maximum benefit from it, you will need proficient written and spoken English skills.

If you are interested in our training team helping you organise your training course booking, please e-mail your details to the, or call us on +44 (0)333 800 7000.

Speak to an expert

Whatever the nature or size of your problem, we are here to help. Get in touch today using one of the contact methods below.