Security Awareness Programme
Security awareness training shouldn’t be a compliance tick box exercise. Research has shown that poor security behaviours persist despite staff having attended security awareness training. Cyber security and data protection should be ingrained into every aspect of your organisation. Training alone is not enough to reduce information security risks, which is why it’s so important to implement a security awareness programme.
Free download: Nine ways to improve your security awareness programme
People are widely acknowledged to be the weakest part of any security system. Even if you implement the best technological measures and put processes in place to ensure they are properly deployed and kept up to date, their effectiveness can be compromised by poorly trained users, putting your organisation at risk.
Download this free guide to find out how to get the best results from your security awareness programme and how to better protect your organisation from a cyber attack.
The benefits of a successful security awareness programme
- Employee mindset and behaviour change because teams are personally invested in the security programme.
- Informed teams and improved organisational resilience reduce security risks and staff-related data breaches.
- A shift in organisational culture support business objectives.
- Reduced human error and process inefficiencies.
- Increased morale and commitment towards an information security management system (ISMS).
- Improved audit results as management system requirements are being met.
- Corrective actions based on the identification of nonconformities.
- A return on investment on your security awareness programme with visible campaign tracking.
Put an end to staff-related cyber threats with a Security Awareness Programme
An effective programme should:
Increase engagement, improve staff knowledge and achieve lasting security awareness.
Incorporate a variety of tools, delivered through various channels and media.
Align organisational culture and unique requirements.
Our Security Awareness Programme delivers transformative results
The programme is delivered through multiple channels and can include:
Download our Security Awareness Programme service description >>
- An organisation-wide assessment of your learning needs, awareness challenges and knowledge gaps.
- A multi-component campaign, tailored to your organisation’s needs and culture.
- Tools and resources to educate your staff.
- Interactive content to engage staff.
- A reliable audit trail to evaluate the success of your programme.
A customised programme can include a variety of campaign elements, such as:
Digital campaign launch
Communicate the objectives of your campaign, generating emotional engagement at the start of your awareness programme.
Reinforce the importance of compliance and security, and develop good habits with cost-effective e-learning courses.
Ensure your management system remains at the forefront of employees’ minds with a proven reinforcement technique.
Remind everyone of the importance of cyber resilience in everyday workspaces with high-impact posters.
Increase the visibility of your awareness campaign and show customers and other external parties that your organisation is committed to its objective.
Deliver key messages and entertaining cyber security news to your staff with branded newsletters, delivered quarterly or monthly.
Provide a no-nonsense introduction to cyber security, IT governance, risk, compliance and management system standards.
Pledge to action
Customise your organisational pledge and encourage knowledge transfer to ensure individuals adopt best practice behaviour.
Simulated phishing attack
Establish whether your employees are vulnerable to phishing emails, enabling you to take immediate remedial action to improve your cyber security posture.
View samples of campaign elements >>
Interested in other subject areas?
This programme is ideal for larger organisations looking to raise awareness of issues such as data privacy, information security and cyber security, and supports the implementation of management systems such as information security and ISO 27001, business continuity and ISO 22301, cyber security, phishing, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data security.
Speak to an expert
Get staff on board with your security awareness project with an effective staff awareness programme. Reduce the risk of human error and encourage staff to adopt best practice measures. Book your demo or request a call with one of our security awareness experts for more information.