For more than 15 years, SecEd has been landing on secondary school headteachers’ desks weekly. When SecEd approached IT Governance to support its GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) guide, we saw an excellent opportunity to provide practical, expert advice and guidance to secondary schools as well as to partner with this highly regarded publication.
What's in the GDPR guide?
The guide is a practical overview of the GDPR and how it can be implemented in your school. We also outline basic cyber security and the steps that you can take to reduce the risk of cyber attacks. There are useful tips throughout that you can implement today.
- The seven principles of GDPR compliance.
- Guidance to ensure effective GDPR provision.
- Self-review your data processes and procedures.
- The role of the data protection officer.
- Cyber security: protecting your school.
- Data breaches, privacy policies and consent.