Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Courses - wide range of MSP courses in the UK
Book your MSP® training course through IT Governance and let our outstanding training service team take care of you from start to finish.
Making your booking couldn’t be easier: choose your training course below.
Please note that all courses are subject to availability at the time of booking.
What is on this page?
Programme Management: Managing Successful Programmes.
Through this site you can access information about the Cabinet Office, best practice guidance on Managing Successful Programmes (MSP™) and critical management resources, manuals, training resources and distance learning products.
Large, complex deliveries are often broken down into manageable, inter-related projects. For those managing this overall delivery, the principles of programme management are key to delivering projects on time and within budget. Managing Successful Programmes, updated in 2011, is the manual that contains the latest Cabinet Office best practice for MSP.
What can MSP deliver?
MSP is a best practice guide that helps organisations coordinate and plan all projects so that they support each other and are allocated the necessary resources. It helps:
- plan projects to support the programme;
- deliver projects on time and on budget;
- define responsibilities and lines of communication;
- break initiatives down into clearly defined projects, and offers a framework for handling them;
- involve interested stakeholders;
- manage risk and ensure the programme responds to change;
- audit and maintain quality.
How does MSP work?
MSP complements the approaches and methodologies laid out in PRINCE2®. MSP will show you how to:
- develop a clear view of the programme's aims and identify its benefits;
- define the programme and show how it will affect and change the organisation;
- create a strong framework for monitoring and coordinating the various projects within the programme;
- ensure the programme moves forward;
- manage the impact of the programme on the organisation;
- close the programme, ensuring it has achieved its aims and that its successes are acknowledged.
Who uses MSP?
Equally applicable to large and small organisations in the public and private sectors, MSP has been adopted by hundreds of organisations worldwide, including:
- British Telecom
- Ministry of Defence
MSP Resources for individuals and organisations
The core resource for MSP is, of course, the new, refreshed 2011 edition of the MSP Manual Managing Successful Programmes (which is available in soft cover, downloadable pdf and annual online subscription formats).
MSP Qualifications and Distance Learning
The APM Group runs the MSP accreditation scheme, which accredits individuals, consulting organisations and training organisations. There are three levels of MSP qualification, which must be taken (often all on the same day) in order:
Examinations take place at accredited training organisations or at Open Centres.
Preparation for the MSP exams can be done either through an accredited training provider (all the courses at the top of this page are with accredited training organisations), or through the use of one of the accredited MSP distance learning tools available from this site.
Speak to an expert
Whatever the nature or size of your problem, we are here to help. Get in touch today using one of the contact methods below.