Digital fulfilment and FAQs
If you are unable to access your e-book and the information below does not solve the problem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our eBooks are available in Adobe EPUB and Adobe eBook formats direct from any IT Governance website.
Kindle versions of our titles are available from the Amazon Kindle Store here.
Our Adobe EPUB and Adobe eBook files are protected using Adobe DRM, and our Kindle titles are protected by Amazon DRM.
- Kindle - To buy eBooks compatible with your Kindle e-reader, please visit the Kindle Store using the link provided on the IT Governance Publishing (ITGP) book product page.
- Adobe eBook - To read an Adobe eBook, you need to download the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) here.
- EPUB - To read an EPUB, you need to download the latest version of ADE here.
Our eBooks have digital rights management (DRM) applied – we do not supply our eBooks in a DRM-free format.
ITGP eBooks purchased from IT Governance websites can be downloaded and read on computers, iPads, iPhones, smartphones and e-readers (including Kobo, Sony and Nook). For more information, please see ‘How to access your eBook >>
ITGP eBooks are not compatible with Linux operating systems.
ITGP eBook DRM
All of our eBooks are secured using DRM. This means that they can only be read on devices that use applications specified on this page.
Ordering an eBook
Add the format of your choice (EPUB or Adobe eBook) to your basket and proceed to the checkout when you have finished shopping. When checkout is complete, you will receive two emails: the first is your receipt and the second contains download instructions and a link to your eBook.
How do I access my eBook?
Follow this link for a step-by-step guide on how to access your eBook.
I don’t want to set up an Adobe ID.
Follow the steps on this page to authorise your device without setting up an Adobe ID.
Why can’t I have a DRM-free PDF format?
In order to protect our intellectual property, all of our eBooks are DRM protected. Unfortunately, we cannot provide eBooks as PDFs or in any DRM-free format.
How long will my eBook take to arrive?
After buying an eBook, you will receive two emails: the first confirms your order and the second contains a link to download your e-book.
These automated emails are sent immediately after purchase. If you have not received an email within two hours, please check your junk/spam folder and then email us with a note of your order number, if you have this, at email@example.com.
Can I read an eBook that I’ve downloaded from IT Governance’s websites on my Kindle?
No. ITGP eBooks bought direct from IT Governance websites cannot be read on a Kindle. To read eBooks on your Kindle, please make your purchase through the Kindle Store using the link provided on the ITGP book product page, or search for the eBook title in the Amazon Kindle Store here.
Can I print or share my eBook?
You are able to print your eBook once, but you are not permitted to share or copy-and-paste content.
Please check your printer has sufficient ink and paper before printing.
If you have set up an Adobe ID, you have unlimited access to your eBook on up to six different devices.
For more information, see http://blogs.adobe.com/aemmobile/supported-devices.
Accessing my e-book
Getting started and setting up
During the installation process you will be asked to authorise your computer:
When asked to select an eBook vendor, select ‘Adobe ID’ from the drop-down menu:
Benefits of creating an Adobe ID
If you have already downloaded your eBook to an Adobe ID authorised version of ADE or Bluefire Reader on your computer and want to access it via your mobile device, simply download the appropriate app from your app store, enter your Adobe ID (the same Adobe ID that you authorised the computer with) and authorise the device. Your stored eBook library will then appear on your device.
- Step 1. Setting up an Adobe ID (free)
You can set up an Adobe ID here.
You will be asked to provide an email address and create a password. The email address you provide must match the email address that you used to buy your eBook.
- Step 2. Setting up ADE – free software
You need to download the latest version of ADE compatible with your preferred platform here.
- Step 3. Authorise your device or computer
- Step 3.1. Setting up ADE without creating an Adobe ID
- During the installation process and when setting up your ADE, a window will ask you to “Authorize Your Computer” – enter the information created in step 1. Check the “I want to authorize my computer without an ID” box and click “Authorize”.
- Enter your Adobe ID – this is the email address you used in step 1.
- Enter your password – this is the password you created in step 1.
Reading your eBook on a PC or Mac
You have now successfully set up and installed ADE. To read your eBook on a PC or Mac you need to follow these steps:
Open the email from IT Governance containing the download instructions for your eBook and click the download link. If you can’t see this in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
The download link will open in a web page. Click ‘Open with’ and select ADE. Before clicking ‘OK’, tick the box that asks you to make this your default program for opening similar files.
ADE will open and the eBook will automatically download to your library. It will also be saved to a ‘My Digital Editions’ folder. Access this folder by going to the ‘My Documents’ folder on a Windows PC, or ‘Documents’ on a Mac.
Reading your eBook on an e-reader
Your new title will appear on your device.
Follow the instructions specified in steps 1 and 2 above to set up ADE and download your eBook onto a computer.
- Connect your e-reader to the computer.
- Open ADE and go to the ‘Library’ view. Your e-reader should appear under ‘Devices’.
- Drag the eBook(s) from the ‘Library’ view across to ‘Devices’.
- Once the eBook has been moved, you can safely eject your e-reader.
Reading your eBook on an iPhone, iPad or Android device
- Download ADE or the Bluefire Reader app from the app store (iTunes or Google Play) or the provider’s website.
- Continue through the app’s set-up and installation process by either:
- On your device, open the email you received from IT Governance containing the download instructions for your purchase and click the link to continue to the download page. If you can’t see this in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
- The download link will open in a web page and you will be prompted to click ‘Open In’. Select ADE or the Bluefire Reader app. The application will automatically open and your eBook will begin downloading.
- If you want to use your Kindle app instead of downloading a new app, see the steps here.
- Entering your Adobe ID and authorising the device; or
- Continuing without an Adobe ID and authorising the device.
Reading your e-book on a Kindle or ‘My Kindle’ app
To read an eBook on a Kindle you need to buy your title via the Amazon Kindle Store here. IT Governance’s web shop does not support purchases made for Kindle-compatible devices.
If you have an account with Amazon and would rather buy a Kindle file for your mobile device (that is not an Amazon Kindle), you will need to download the Kindle Reading app for the device.
I can’t find my eBook in ADE
If you believe that your download has been successful but cannot see your file in the ADE library, check within the directory.
To do this, go to ‘File’, select ‘Add to Library’ and check the location to which your files would normally be downloaded for your purchase.
There is a drop-down menu in the lower-right corner of the ‘Add to Library’ pop-up, which defaults to ‘eBooks’. If you still cannot find your file, try selecting ‘Adobe Content Server Message’ and check again.
Alternatively, go to ‘My Computer’ and then into ‘My Digital Editions’. Here you can review imported titles and open the file.
The link to download my eBook doesn’t work
When you buy an eBook from an IT Governance website you will receive an email with a download link for your title. That link automatically expires after 30 days.
If you have not downloaded your eBook by this time, please email us with a note of your order number, if you have this, at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for a new link to be sent to the same email address.
Refunds and returns
We are unable to offer refunds on any digital products. Please check that your chosen format is suitable for your computer or device before completing your purchase.
More information on our terms and conditions can be found here. If you have any concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
For help with common errors, please refer to the troubleshooting steps below.
- I’ve received the following error message:
- Unable to open [Book Title]. Errors were encountered in this item
- Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and reinstall a completely fresh version. You can download the latest version of ADE here: https://www.adobe.com/au/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html
- Ensure that your PC and any other devices that you wish to use are authorised with the Adobe ID you created when you installed ADE.
- Remove all instances of the file(s) on your machine, including any .ascm links (usually located in ‘my Downloads’).
- Request a new book link from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the new book link and select ‘Open with ADE’.
- Copy the book to your ADE library.
- Error getting license: License server communication E_ADEPT_XML_SYNTAX
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Run’.
- In the ‘Open’ text box, type ‘regedit’ and then press ‘Enter’. This will open the Registry Editor.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- Right-click the ‘Adept’ key and choose ‘Delete’.
- In the ‘Confirm Key Delete’ dialogue box, click ‘OK’.
- This will deauthorise ADE.
- Reauthorise ADE with your Adobe ID and password.
- Open the new link that has been sent to your email address.
- ACT not ready, Check Activation
- You can typically resolve this error message by reauthorising ADE. Under the ‘Help’ tab, click on ‘Erase Authorization’ (you’ll need to enter your Adobe ID), then go back into Help and choose ‘Authorize Computer’. You may also need to close and restart ADE for the change to take effect.
- If this does not work, please follow these instructions from Adobe’s support page.
Still having trouble?
To help us resolve your issue quickly, please include the following information in your email:
- Your order number (this can be found in the title of the confirmation email).
- The date of purchase.
- The email address you used to receive the e-book (if different).
Wherever possible, quote the exact error message you receive and/or attach screenshots to your email. This will help us resolve the issue.