Quite often, Business Continuity managers hit a brick wall when implementing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in line with BS25999 and fail to follow the project through correctly.
BS25999-2:2007 specifies at clause 220.127.116.11, that the BCMS must, as a minimum, contain the following documents:
- the scope and objectives of the BCMS and procedures;
- the BCM policy;
- the provision of resources;
- the competency of BCM personnel and associated training records;
- the business impact analysis;
- the risk assessment;
- the business continuity strategy;
- the incident response structure;
- business continuity plans and incident management plans;
- BCM exercising;
- the maintenance and review of BCM arrangements;
- internal audit;
- management review of the BCMS;
- preventive and corrective actions; and
- continual improvement.
With so many documents to fulfil, your BCMS can suddenly come to a standstill and the project to a halt.
Easily implement a BCMS in line with BS25999 with The BS25999 BCMS Implementation Toolkit. This toolkit contains all the document templates and guidance that will enable you to quickly and efficiently produce your own tailored versions of all these essential documents.
|BS25999 BCMS Implementation Toolkit (Download)
Buy before the end of February and get a free Olympics 2012 – Continuity & Security – Policy and Checklist!
More to explore: