A report by Trustwave has revealed some startling statistics around data breaches; the most frightening one being that most organisations don’t even know they’ve been hacked.
- Only 16% of organisations that suffered a data breach last year were able to detect it themselves. This means that 84% only found out they had been hacked when they were told by an external party, such as a regulatory body, law enforcement or by the public
- Those that were notified by an external party waited an average of 173.5 days before they were told
- The most popular password for organisations to use is ‘Password1’
- 89% of organisations were hacked last year because of the value of their customer records
- The food and beverage industry is the top target for hackers
- 8.00 am and 9.00am (Eastern Time, U.S) is the most likely time for an email to be sent with a malicious attachment.
Does any of this ring a bell for you? Do you use ‘Password1’ or a similar phrase? Are you plagued by malicious emails? And most importantly, would you know if you were hacked?
The Complete Data Protection Toolkit will provide you with everything you need to help you comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA), ensuring you become compliant quickly and cost-effectively. This toolkit will help you beat hackers and protect your business from suffering a data breach.