In a recent survey undertaken by the British Assessment Bureau (BAB), it was found that “44% of respondents said that they had won business as a result of becoming certified to the ISO 9001 quality management standard”. The survey also found that 57% of people said that a client had motivated them to implement the standard, meaning that the prospect for gaining more work was the primary reason for attaining the standard.
BAB’s Director of Marketing, Robert Fenn, claimed that these results didn’t come as a surprise to him. “Prospective clients have often mentioned that they require the standard to qualify for a particular tender. However, what we didn’t know is how many of our clients had actually won work as a direct result of achieving certification. With the latest results now in, we’re delighted to confirm that certified organisations are getting the reward they deserve from implementing a robust, recognised quality management system.”
ISO 9001:2008 (usually referred to as ISO 9001) is the best practice specification that helps businesses and organizations throughout the world to develop a best-in-class Quality Management System (QMS). It is by far the world’s most established quality framework, currently being used by around 897,000 organisations in 170 countries worldwide. It sets the standard not only for quality management systems, but management systems in general. The Standard has a number of benefits:
- Saves you money
- Enhances brand reputation and removes barriers to trade
- Increases customer satisfaction
- Streamlines operations and reduces waste
- Improves business performance and manages business risk
- Encourages internal communication and raises morale
Now we can add to the list that it’s proven to help win new business!
If you have been asked by your clients to implement the ISO 9001 standard, or you’re looking to win new business, then order a copy of the ISO9001 (ISO 9001) Quality Management Systems (QMS) Requirements. It specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS) where an organisation:
- Needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system. This includes processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity and applicable regulatory requirements.
If you want a product to help you accelerate the development and implementation of an ISO9001 QMS, then IT Governance recommends the ISO9001 (ISO 9001) QMS Quality Management System Documentation Toolkit. It contains a full suite of documentation templates that will help you prepare for and implement a quality management system (QMS) that complies with ISO9001.