Yes, you’ve heard right – the new and updated version of ISO 20000-2: 2012 is now available to buy from IT Governance.
So, what’s the difference between ISO 20000-2:2005 and ISO 20000-2:2012?
- Closer alignment with other International Standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
- Changes in terminology to mirror those in use internationally
- Added guidance on the governance processes operated by third parties
- Greater coverage on scoping of an SMS
- Enhanced coverage on the continual improvement of services and the SMS
- More guidance on the design and transition into a ‘live’ status for new or changed services
ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 provides advice and guidance on the implementation of a management system that is fully aligned with the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 -service management system (SMS).