Cyber security is an issue that all organisations must address. Consider these facts:
- Modern businesses and organisations must protect themselves from the growing threat of cyber attacks and cyber crime
- Cyber security is a senior management issue not just an IT issue
- Protection of your critical assets should cover systems, networks and work practices
- Ensuring staff are trained in cyber security is as important as having robust system defences
- Effective and robust cyber security can help you win new business, improve customer confidence and reduce IT expenditure
So, how do you ensure you have robust, effective and proportional cyber security measures in place for your organisation? The answer is of course, ISO27001.
But what is ISO27001?
- ISO27001 is the new, world leadingcyber security standard
- ISO27001 is the onlyinternationally recognised cyber security standard, which an organisation can be certified against
- ISO27001 providesa framework for creating a cyber security management system
- ISO27001 will help you identifythe risks to your organisation and build defences to protect yourself from them
- ISO27001 will help you create documentation, systems and work practices to ensure the continual protection against cyber crime and cyber attack
Cyber security and ISO27001 can seem like a daunting issue to tackle within an organisation. It is complex and an ISO27001 project is not something that can be achieved overnight. ISO27001 is a relatively new international standard, however it is quickly becoming the benchmark for cyber security defences within organisations. More and more organisations are adopting ISO27001 and reaping the business benefits of being aligned to the standard.
However the best place to start building your knowledge of ISO27001 is with this easy to read pocket guide: An Introduction to Information Security and ISO27001
|An Introduction to Information Security and ISO27001