Will your current Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Plan really do the job?
With the ever increasing operational risks, many UK private and public sector organisations have developed a Business Continuity or Disaster Plan to enable them to recover from the disruption caused by an unforeseen event. These risks are many and complex and include natural disasters, economic factors, IT failure, civil emergencies, terrorism and cyber crime.
But given the growth in Business Continuity Planning, why do so many businesses (large and small) still fail to recover?
The experience of our Business Continuity consultants has shown that many Business Continuity plans fail as a result of the following:
- Inadequate planning with insufficient details
- Lack of consideration of the complete needs of an organisation
- Inadequate testing or practice drills
- Failure to gain support from senior-level managers and directors
BS25999, the Business Continuity Standard defines the specification and best practice guidelines to develop an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
|BS25999 Foundation Training Course
The IT Governance BS25999 Foundation Training Course is designed to introduce Business Continuity Management and explain how the best practice guidance in BS25999-1 can be used to ensure your organisation has business continuity plans that actually work.
After attending this one-day course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and communicate why BCM is such an important issue
- Develop a business case and secure buy-in from senior management
- Understand the key features of BS25999 and how it may be of benefit
- Commence a business continuity program following industry best practice
Delegates attending the course will also receive a complimentary copy of the BS25999: A Pocket Guide written by Tony Drewitt.
Ensure your organisation develops an effective Business Continuity Plan.