Over the past eight months, IT Governance’s data protection and information security experts have shared – and continue to share – their understanding of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) through green papers, training courses, blogs and webinars in order to encourage organisations to start preparing for compliance with the Regulation, due to come into effect in May 2018.
The GDPR creates obligations for businesses that process EU residents’ personal data and allows authorities to impose fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater – if the organisation suffers a data breach.
To help professionals involved in GDPR compliance prepare, IT Governance has launched a fortnightly webinar in which our data protection experts will share practical insights about implementing data protection controls and measures in line with the Regulation.
The first session will be delivered by IT Governance’s founder and executive chairman, Alan Calder, on 31 January 2017 from 3:00 – 3:45pm (GMT), and will be followed by a 15-minute Q&A session to help answer your questions and provide advice on particular situations you might have encountered in your GDPR compliance project.
This webinar will discuss:
- Why you have to comply with the GDPR and what might happen if you don’t.
- The GDPR’s direct effects on your business and the transition timelines.
- The first steps in preparing for GDPR compliance.
- The technical and organisational measures your business will need to adopt to comply with the Regulation.
- Key recommendations and industry-recognised practices to help you achieve GDPR compliance.
The webinars will take place every second Tuesday, on 14 and 28 February, 14 and 28 March, and 11 and 25 April.
Missed any of our previous GDPR webinars?
If you’ve missed any of the previous webinars, you can download the presentation slides and watch the webinar recording. Click here to download the presentation slides and watch the webinar recording >>
Register for our other upcoming webinars
- 9 February 2017 – GDPR requirements for Cloud providers »
- 9 March 2017 – Appointing a data protection officer (DPO) under the GDPR »
- 6 April 2017 – Data flow audit and data mapping for GDPR compliance »
- 4 May 2017 – The GDPR and NIS Directive: Risk-based security measures and incident notification requirements »
GDPR training opportunities for DPOs
Individuals who want to fulfil the role of DPO within an organisation and get in-depth knowledge of the GDPR can attend IT Governance’s brand new Certified EU General Data Protection Practitioner online training course.
The four-day interactive Live Online session is designed to give individuals around the world a flexible way of building a basic understanding of the Regulation in a cost- and time-effective manner.
The course is also delivered in distance learning and classroom formats, with classes in London, Manchester, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Dublin and Birmingham.