As hard as it is to believe, an organisation’s biggest security risk is often its own employees.
75% of large organisations suffered staff-related security breaches in 2015, with 50% of the worst breaches caused by human error, according to a report published by Axelos.
Yet when organisations initiate a compliance programme or implement an information security management system (ISMS), the importance of understanding the audience and their unique needs is often overlooked. Organisations run the risk of implementing staff awareness training that is seen as simply a tick-box exercise, which doesn’t often result in heightened awareness.
An effective staff awareness programme should be an ongoing process that begins at induction and is reinforced by regular updates throughout the year.
To help your organisation implement an effective security awareness programme join IT Governance for this live webinar, Creating an effective cyber security awareness programme, where you will learn how to:
- Understand the learning needs of your organisation;
- Motivate your audience to commit to your staff awareness campaign;
- Deploy cost-effective resources for optimal results;
- Transfer knowledge to the workplace and achieve behavioural change;
- Evaluate success and continually improve your programme; and
- Maintain awareness and best practice in the long term.
This session will be delivered by learning design and solutions consultant Stefanie Retfalvi on 10 January 2018 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm (GMT). It will include a 15-minute Q&A session at the end to provide advice on situations you might have encountered in your security awareness project.