In 2017, IT Governance starts a new series of eight General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) webinars designed to help answer some of your GDPR compliance questions and support you throughout your GDPR compliance project. The series will address a wide range of GDPR-related topics.
The first webinar in the series, “Accountability under the GDPR, and what it means for boards and senior management”, is presented by IT Governance’s founder and executive chairman, Alan Calder, and takes place on 19 January 2017 from 3:00 – 3:45pm (GMT).
With the GDPR introducing major penalties for non-compliance, boards and senior management can no longer ignore the GDPR. Businesses will need to take responsibility for the way they collect and process data on European residents, and will have to take immediate action to align their business systems with the requirements of the GDPR. Moreover, the Regulation requires that businesses focus on protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data it handles.
The “Accountability under the GDPR, and what it means for boards and senior management” webinar is designed to update senior management and boards about the potential impact of the GDPR, and provides an overview of:
- The principle of accountability and what it means.
- Applying the principle of accountability.
- Developing policies and procedures that comply with the Regulation.
- Raising GDPR awareness and providing employees with training.
- The board’s responsibility to appoint a dedicated data privacy team or DPO.
- Conducting data privacy audits and impact assessments.
If you’d like to see the agenda of our upcoming webinars or register for any of the other webinars in the series, please visit our website.