A report from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) showed six public bodies have been fined over personal data security breaches in the last 12 months alone. One of the largest penalties (£140,000), went to Midlothian Council for sending details about children and their carers to the wrong people five times within 12 months.
The last fine of £70,000 was issued just a few days ago to an NHS body after a report containing sensitive information about a patient’s health was sent to another person.
The ICO’s report showed that between March 2011 and February 2012 some 281 of the 730 reported breaches (38.49%), were a result of human error!
How do you ensure that you are not next on the ICO penalty list because your staff have let you down?
Our DPA Staff Awareness eLearning course is the tool you need to ensure your staff have the knowhow to keep personal data safe.
|ITG E-Learning Course: DPA Staff Awareness
Call 0845 070 1750 or email email@example.com for a tailored quote.
This eLearning course will save you a lot of trouble by increasing DPA awareness within your organisation and reduce the likelihood of a data breach through human error.
Some of the benefits include:
- Massive financial cost savings in comparison to traditional training options
- Minimal office disruption – staff train at their desks
- Minimal administration – comprehensive reports available
- Systematic evidence that training has actually been provided – underpinning disciplinary actions
- Simple to use with relevant and informative content