Businesses are increasingly choosing to outsource their IT function. The attraction of outsourcing IT is that it enables a company to obtain an efficient and responsive IT system, while at the same time allowing the company to focus on its core strengths.
However, many organisations who outsource their IT, come across these pitfalls:
- Real Cost:The real cost of having an outsourced IT company is somewhat different to the quote you were originally given. You will have to pay for extras such as call outs and unnecessary upsales
- Time:If you have an emergency, it will have to wait until your outsourced IT company can get to you
- Liability:When your outsourced IT company comes in, they pose a liability to your company in terms of security measures. Do you trust them fully? Who’s to say they won’t walk off with one of your hard drives?
- Loss of work:When an employee’s machine goes down, they will lose the ability to work until the outsourced IT department can make it in to resolve the issue which can be costly.
- Priority: Are you your outsourced IT’s number one priority? Chances are the company who pays the most is!
Source: Tech Republic
Outsourcing IT: A Governance Guide is a “ground-breaking” book that offers you a guide to the many pitfalls of IT outsourcing. It will provide you with clear criteria for the application of governance principles to the outsourcing process, and thereby enable you to implement IT outsourcing so that it supports your overall business goals.
|Outsourcing IT: A Governance Guide
This book will help you:
- Make a better IT outsourcing decision
- Assess, manage and control IT outsourcing risk
- Build win-win relationships with your suppliers
- Outsource for competitive advantage
More to explore: