ISO 27001 describes best practices for implementing an information security management system (ISMS), which is crucial knowledge for those looking to understand and comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The GDPR, which takes effect on 25 May 2018, increases organisations’ obligations for keeping personal data secure, and expands individuals’ rights concerning their information. We offer training courses tailored specifically to the GDPR, but an ISO 27001 qualification will give you a broader understanding of cyber security and help you comply with the GDPR’s requirements, including:
- Taking measures to pseudonymise and encrypt personal data;
- Ensuring the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Restoring the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- Implementing a process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of processing; and
- Identifying and mitigating the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data.
How you can get started
There are two reasons people gain an ISO 27001 qualification. They might be interested in improving their CV and career prospects, or they might be looking to help their organisation reap the benefits of the Standard. These aren’t mutually exclusive, as a skilled cyber security professional will always be in demand, and their knowledge should be put to use wherever possible. Those with the right mix of know-how and experience will quickly climb the IT management ladder.
Our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation Training Course will help you on your way. Developed and presented by ISO 27001 experts, this one-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the Standard and explains how to implement its requirements. There is an exam at the end of the course, and those who pass will receive a Foundation-level qualification demonstrating their knowledge.
The course is running in locations across the UK, Ireland and the US throughout the year. We also offer distance learning and Live Online options, which allow you to study from home or in your office.