IT Governance is delighted to let you know about the 4th Cloud Computing Summit, which takes place Wednesday, September 12 in Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin.
Survey after survey shows that whilst most organisations have a cloud adoption strategy, the big issue holding them back when it comes to implementation is a lack of confidence in security & data privacy. That’s why this year’s agenda features a number of speakers debating Should you trust the Cloud? What are the risks and is Cloud Computing secure? This session includes a presentation by one of our own authors, IT security expert, Brian Honan.
This year’s event is aimed at business and IT decision-makers who need to gain the confidence & reassurance to deploy Cloud Computing. Attending IT professionals or business decision-makers who want to understand what Cloud Computing can do for their organisation, this 1-day summit will provide delegates with a comprehensive overview of the elements of the cloud environment from a business and technical perspective.
This year’s event features 2 streams of content – Business & Technology covering the following topics:
- The intersection of IT & Business: Is your organisation ready to embrace the cultural and relationship changes that the cloud will cause?
- Making the commercial decision to move to the cloud – the experience of Oxfam UK plus Irish organisations’ experience of migrating to the cloud
- CIO perspectives on the cloud: What are CIOs looking for from Cloud Computing?
- A focus on the control and security of your data in the cloud – Risks & Security, Data Protection – how to remain compliant when moving to the cloud and what happens when customers get caught in the Copyright crossfire?
- How to choose your cloud provider, legal aspects, negotiating SLAs
- Critical infrastructure requirements for organisations adopting the cloud delivery model
- The technological aspects of migrating to the cloud with a detailed look at real world cloud implementation & building a business in the cloud
The Keynote speakers at this year’s event are:
- Simon Wardley, Researcher with CSC’s Leading Edge Forum. Simon is a thought-leader on the cloud (voted one of the UK’s Top 50 most influential people in IT in ComputerWeekly’s 2011 poll) and is a regular speaker at conferences worldwide.
- Peter Ransom, Chief Information Officer, Oxfam UK. Peter is an internationally recognised expert in mobile computing field technology. Oxfam has taken advantage of the scalability and flexibility that cloud offers and Peter will discuss their journey to cloud adoption and the implementation issues experienced along the way.