IT Governance has launched its 2017 ISO 27001 Global Survey to establish the benefits, drivers and challenges experienced by ISO 27001 implementers globally.
The survey, now in its third year, is also designed to provide insights into the changing information security and data security compliance landscapes.
2016 ISO 27001 Global Survey key findings:
- 69% of respondents said that the main driver for implementing ISO 27001 was to improve their organisation’s information security posture.
- 51% of respondents had problems either convincing the board about the importance of information security or securing the necessary budget and resources to implement ISO 27001.
- In general, companies are not tracking implementation costs, but where costs have been tracked the average cost is less than £20,000.
- 54% of respondents use external providers of penetration testing, and 51% rely on external consultants to help them implement an information security management system (ISMS).
- Only 16% of companies employ a dedicated full-time ISMS manager. 19% say their IT manager is responsible for the ISMS, and 18% say their CISO is responsible.
Complete the survey in less than five minutes
The survey will take less than five minutes to complete, and comprises 23 multiple-choice questions. All respondents will receive a complimentary copy of the report.
If you complete the survey, you stand a chance of winning a voucher worth £350 that can be used against any product or service purchased from IT Governance. Terms and conditions apply.