ISO 27001 is the international standard that describes best practice for an ISMS (information security management system). Achieving accredited certification to the Standard demonstrates that your organisation is following information security best practice and your data is sufficiently protected.
Why achieve ISO 27001 certification?
There are a number of other benefits that come from ISO 27001 certification. These include:
- Avoiding the penalties and financial losses associated with data breaches.
- Winning new business and retaining your existing customers.
- Protecting and enhancing your reputation.
- Improving your organisation’s processes.
- Complying with legal, contractual and regulatory requirements, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Successfully implement ISO 27001 with our book of the month
Now in its third edition, Nine Steps to Success – An ISO 27001 Implementation Overview will give anyone tackling the Standard for the first time the guidance and direction they need to make their implementation project a success.
Written by ISO 27001 expert Alan Calder, this book:
- Details the key steps of an ISO 27001 project from inception to certification;
- Explains each element of the ISO 27001 project in simple, non-technical language; and
- Is an ideal guide for anyone tackling ISO 27001 implementation for the first time.