ISO/IEC 20000-1 has been updated to reflect the latest in best practice for service management.
- An expanded introduction, additional requirements and updated definitions section
- The standard has a new title Service management — Part 1: Service Management System Requirements
- Closer alignment with ISO 9001 QMS requirements and ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS requirements
- Sections 3 & 4 of the standard have been merged into one section called Service Management General Requirements
- New requirements for the management of new or changed services have been added
- A refinement of the scope of the SMS and the oversight (governance) process managed by other organisations
- The plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle has been integrated into this version of the standard
- Problem Management and Incident Management processes have been aligned with ITIL®v3
- More refined document and record control requirements
- Revised and more in-depth requirements on supplier contracts
- Added requirements on budgeting and accounting
This standard specifies the requirements for an SMS. It will help you develop, implement and establish an effective SMS. This standard is generic, it can be applied anywhere in the world no matter the size, type or location of the organisation. Being widely applicable and bang-up-to-date, it reflect the latest in industry best practice, making this the most up-to-date source of IT service management information.