IT Governance will be hosting a live Twitter chat on 21 November at 13:00pm GMT with special guest Steve Watkins.
The focus of the chat will be the implementation of ISO 27001, and the transition between the 2005 and 2013 versions of the Standard. From October 2014, certification bodies stopped accepting applications for certification to ISO 27001:2005, meaning organisations that wish to renew their certificate need to transition to the 2013 version of the Standard.
If transitioning is a project your organisation will be taking on, then this Twitter chat will provide you with the perfect opportunity to have your questions answered by ISO 27001 transition expert Steve Watkins.
Steve Watkins (@swatty70)
Steve Watkins has many hats:
- Director of IT Governance
- Contracted technical ISMS assessor for UKAS
- UKAS’s principal adviser on the transition from ISO 27001:2005 to ISO 27001:2013
- Co-author of IT Governance – An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002
- Active member of IST/33/1, the panel responsible for the UKs input to the revision of the ISO 27001 series
How to take part
To join the conversation, tweet using the hashtag #ISO27001Chat. If there’s a question that you’d like to be answered, then you can tweet now and Steve will respond when the chat starts on 21 November.
Accounts to follow during the chat
See you there!
Disclaimer: It’s important to note that Steve Watkins will be representing IT Governance and will not be responding on behalf of UKAS or any other organisations he’s associated with.