From May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will make it harder for businesses to use Cloud computing to process data. The GDPR creates a new set of requirements for Cloud service providers that process the data of EU residents, regardless of whether or not the service provider is based, or has operations, in Europe.
IT Governance has partnered with the Cloud security software provider Skyhigh Networks to deliver a 45-minute webinar on ‘Privacy and the GDPR: How Cloud computing could be your failing’, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session in which our data protection expert will answer your questions about Cloud computing and GDPR compliance.
This session will be delivered by IT Governance’s GRC consultant, Adrian Ross, and Skyhigh Networks’ European spokesperson on 24 January 2017 from 3:00 – 3:45pm (GMT).
The webinar is designed to equip people involved in GDPR compliance and organisations that store data in the Cloud with an understanding of the GDPR’s requirements. The webinar will discuss:
- An overview of the GDPR.
- Breach notification requirements under the GDPR and a showcase of recent data breaches and their costs.
- Organisations’ responsibilities when storing data in the Cloud, and the roles of controller and processor.
- The outcome of subcontracting to Cloud service providers and notifications on activities in the Cloud.
- Roles and responsibilities associated with Cloud adoption.
- ISO 27018 and implementing security controls for PII in the Cloud.
Are you involved in GDPR compliance?
IT Governance started 2017 with a series of webinars to help businesses with their GDPR compliance projects. Each webinar session is designed to address the requirements, responsibilities, obligations and rights data subjects and businesses have under the GDPR.