If you’re looking to develop a career in information security, the CISMP training course is a great starting point. It provides a broad introduction to information security management upon which more technical qualifications can be built.
CISMP is also suitable for business professionals looking to gain a deeper understanding of information security, and is especially valuable to those working in the public sector, as it is part of the CESG Certified Professional Scheme.
What will you learn on the CISMP training course?
Attendees will gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity, including:
- The concepts relating to information security management, including confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA); vulnerabilities and threats; risks; and countermeasures;
- The current national legislation and regulations that affect information security management;
- The current national and international standards (such as ISO 27001), frameworks and organisations that facilitate the management of information security;
- The current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate; and
- The categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
You can read the BCS CISMP syllabus here.
To meet demand, IT Governance has added more training course dates in Birmingham, Glasgow, London and Manchester.
Special offer: Receive a free copy of Information Security Management Principles – the official textbook for the CISMP qualification (RRP: £24.99) when you book this course.