Order the ISO38500 IT Governance Framework Toolkit before the end of March and receive a free copy of IT Governance: Implementing Frameworks and Standards for the Corporate Governance of IT!
The IT Governance Framework – Toolkit & Book Special Offer provides you with:
- A framework to navigate your wide-ranging and complex strategic, risk management, compliance and operational needs;
- A step-by-step guide to cross-company implementation;
- Templates and assessment tools that will simplify many aspects of the process for you; and
- Practical guidance working with ISO/IEC 38500 and for integrating widely-used IT governance frameworks, including CobiT, ISO27001, ITIL and so on.
- A FREE copy of IT Governance: Implementing Frameworks and Standards for the Corporate Governance of IT when your order before the end of March 2010!
If Information Technology is a part of your business, governance extends to and includes information and the IT infrastructure that supports your business. Shareholder expectations of boards, and of the individual directors on boards, are clear:
- The board of directors will actually direct the management of the company, including strategic and IT business plans and fundamental structural changes;
- The board will see to the hiring of competent and honest business and IT managers;
- The board will understand the business of the firm and develop and monitor a business and IT strategy;
- The board will monitor the managers as they carry out the strategy and the operations of the company;
- When making a business decision, the board will develop a thorough understanding of the transaction and act in good faith, on an informed basis, and with a rational business purpose;
- The board will operate with basic honesty, care, and loyalty; and
- The board will take good-faith steps to make sure the company complies with the law.
These IT governance expectations demand an appropriate IT governance framework. That can be difficult and time-consuming to do from scratch.