Auditors interested in new areas of expertise might want to consider ISO 20000, the international standard for IT service management (ITSM). There are many benefits of certifying to the Standard, and it appears people are taking notice. According to the latest ISO survey, there was a 63% year-on-year increase in the number of ISO 20000 certifications awarded. China, India and Japan have the most certifications, with the UK leading the way in Europe.
IT Governance offers three training courses to help people start or develop their careers in ITSM. Our ISO 20000 Foundation Certificate Training Course focuses on developing the skills you need to understand and apply the Standard, covering:
- The scope, aims and use of the ISO 20000 specification and code of practice;
- The eligibility requirements and options to achieve certification;
- The requirements of the ITSM system and the plan–do–check–act cycle; and
- The importance of assessments, reviews and internal audits.
Our ISO 20000 Practitioner Certificate Course shows you how to lead your organisation’s certification project. It covers the interpretation and application of the Standard, helping you develop your organisation’s service management capability and assess its readiness for certification. You’ll learn:
- The principles of ITSM;
- The use and application of ISO 20000; and
- How to implement the Standard.
Our ISO 20000 Auditor Certificate Course teaches you how to conduct effective audits against the Standard, and is ideal for experienced auditors who want to gain a deeper understanding of ITSM. It will help you:
- Develop your knowledge of the structure, requirements and content of ISO 20000;
- Understand the certification process;
- Link the Standard with other ITSM best-practice frameworks, particularly ITIL®; and
- Understand the requirements of pre-audits, formal certification and surveillance audits.