Last week, it was revealed that a Devon Care Trust had been fined £175,000 after sensitive details of more than 1,300 staff were published on its website.
The ICO’s investigation found that the trust had no guidance for staff on what information should not be published online and had “inadequate checks in place to identify potential problems”.
In the UK every organisation that handles personal data has to comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998. Staff are responsible for handling data in accordance with the eight DPA principles.
How do you communicate basic data protection principles to your staff and how do you evidence that your method is effective?
Deploying the DPA Staff Awareness eLearning course not only ensures your staff understand their obligations under the DPA, but it also provides you with the evidence you need in order to achieve compliance.
Your own corporate e-learning management portal automatically retains records of which staff have accomplished the course. You can easily monitor the compliance status of the organisation and see hard evidence of each employee’s level of understanding.
Some of the benefits include:
- Massive financial cost savings in comparison to traditional training options
- Minimal office disruption – staff train at their desks
- Minimal administration – comprehensive reports available
- Systematic evidence that training has actually been provided – underpinning disciplinary actions
- Simple to use with relevant and informative content
- Receive a 25% discount on the first year’s license
- Receive a 15 month subscription instead of 12 – that’s 3 months free
Call 0845 070 1750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a free demo and a tailored quote. Quote ITG_AUG12 to get your discount and 3 months FREE subscription!