The ISO 27001 implementation drivers and challenges infographic outlines the key findings of IT Governance’s ISO 27001 Global Report 2016, such as: drivers, benefits, challenges securing board buy-in and implementing ISO 27001, customer and supply chain assurance, the costs of implementing an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS project, and the role of the ISMS manager.
The infographic summarises the responses of 250 information security professionals worldwide that have achieved certification (40%), are currently working towards achieving certification (40%) or are not planning to certify their ISO 27001 information security management system (ISMS).
The key findings highlighted in the infographic are:
- 98% believe that the most important benefit of ISO 27001 is improved information security posture.
- 51% said they achieved certification within 6 to 12 months.
- 52% characterise certifying to ISO 27001 as “an investment that is fully justified by the benefits”.
- 21% had challenges securing sufficient budget to implement an ISMS.
- 71% have been asked regularly or occasionally by their clients about their ISO 27001 status
- 51% rely on external support to implement an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
- 41% admitted that the person managing their ISMS doesn’t have a formal ISO 27001 ISMS qualification.
- 20% had experienced challenges convincing the board that information security is a critical business issue.
Organisations wishing to implement ISO 27001 can opt for IT Governance’s fixed-priced solutions, which provide a combination of products and services that fit the needs of organisations of any size, location and sector, and fit the needs of organisations of any size, sector and location.
To find out more about ISO 27001 packaged solutions, click here >>