“Belfast Trust FINED £225,000 after leaving thousands of patient records in disused hospital”
“Telford and Wrekin Council FINED £90,000 following disclosure of vulnerable children’s data”
“Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust FINED £325,000 following data breach affecting thousands of patients and staff”
“Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust FINED £90,000 for serious data breach”
“London Borough of Barnet Council fined £70,000 for losing highly sensitive data”
With a string of fines issued by the ICO over the past few months, it brings home the importance of complying with the Data Protection Act (DPA).
Think. Do you have a DPA policy in place? If so, have you visited it recently? Do you practice it regularly (i.e. every single day!)? Do your colleagues do the same?
For just £156 you can make sure you have the most up-to-date tools and resources for you to carry out your own DPA project and become compliant quickly and cost-effectively with the Complete Data Protection Toolkit.
|Complete Data Protection Toolkit (Download)
This toolkit contains everything you need to achieve DPA compliance, including:
- Understanding what the DPA is how it affects your business
- Identifying your current level of conformance to the DPA
- Identifying gaps and steps to achieve compliance
- Documenting your DPA policies
- Understanding how to react if you suffered a data breach
- Initiating DPA staff training