The recently adopted EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will help organisations in Europe and around the globe to better protect their and their customers’ data when it comes into force in May 2018. Organisations should start their compliance projects now to ensure they’ll be compliant with the new Regulation in time, or risk fines of up to 4% of global turnover or €20 million.
To help organisations get started, IT Governance has put together a series of webinars that promise to address pertinent points related to the new Regulation.
The first webinar, Preparing for the EU GDPR: An introduction, takes place at 15:00 BST on 2 June 2016 and will cover:
- An overview of the regulatory landscape and territorial scope;
- Principles of the GDPR;
- Breach notification rules;
- Data subject rights;
- Changes to consent;
- Processor liabilities;
- The role of the data protection officer.
Led by Alan Calder, the executive chairman and CEO of IT Governance, this webinar is a essential event for anyone involved in data protection and compliance within their organisation.
You can register for this webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4293989105019779587
I also encourage you to register for the other webinars in the series:
- Data breaches and the EU GDPR – 30 June 2016 –
- The role of the data protection officer – 28 July 2016 –
- Revising policies and procedures under the EU GDPR – 1 September 2016 –
- Data flow mapping for EU GDPR compliance – 29 September 2016 –
- The EU GDPR and you: requirements for marketing 27 October 2016 –