Organisations have to deal with a wide range of risks, including:
- Natural disasters, ranging from volcanic ash to the effects of climate change;
- Economic disruption and market turbulence;
- Terrorist-related incidents and disruption;
- Cyber crime and cyber terrorism;
- Civil emergencies, strikes, and similar action – often in distant lands;
- Compliance failures;
- Disruptive technological advances;
- Technology failure; and
- Supply chain failure.
In addition to these risks, there are other ‘seasonal’ threats to your organisation which you should plan for in advance, including:
- Pandemic threats, including SARS, Avian Flu and Swine Flu; and
- Staff absences due to major sporting events, such as the World Cup and Olympics or seasonal Snow fall and other adverse weather conditions.
BS25999, the Business Continuity Standard, will ensure that your organisation has developed and tested business continuity and disaster recovery plans that deal with all the likely risks that face the organisation.
Order the BS25999 BCMS Implementation Toolkit before the end of February. We will send you two additional resources that will help you to prepare for these eventualities:
- Pandemic Toolkit – UK Business Toolkit for Pandemic Swine Flu (Download) – FREE!
- Coping with Unplanned Absences (eBook) – FREE!
The BS25999 BCMS Implementation Toolkit contains document templates and guidance that enable you to quickly and efficiently produce your own tailored versions of all the essential documents, as specified by BS25999-2:2007 at clause 188.8.131.52.
In addition, this unique toolkit contains:
- PDCA Guidance
- a Business Impact Assessment (BIA) Tool;
- a Risk Assessment and Risk Register Tool;
- a BS25999 Gap Analysis/Audit Tool;
- a BS25999 Induction and Awareness Slide Presentation;
- a BS25999 implementation progress checklist;
- a BS25999 Project Management Implementation Plan.
This toolkit also contains electronic copies of two specialist guides, which are useful both for the project manager and for other team members, as well as for training and awareness activity.