Last week I wrote a blog post explaining the need to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information and how the protection of information assets (information security) is a key element in the long-term competitiveness and survival of all organisations. If you missed the blog you can read it again here.
Download our free White Paper Cyber Security: a Critical Business Risk, which sets out a Five-Step Cyber Security Strategy that every organisation should adopt.
The document proposes a Five-Step Cyber Security Strategy that every organisation should adopt and can be summarised as follows:
- Secure the cyber perimeter with regular penetration testing
- Secure mobile devices (laptops, PDA, smart phones) beyond the perimeter
- Secure the internal network controlling unauthorised wireless and mobile storage devices
- Train staff to recognise and respond appropriately to social engineering attacks
- Adopt the ISO27001 & BS25999 standards to develop a cyber security and resilience system
ISO27001 – the Cybersecurity Standard
Accredited Certification to ISO27001 gives an organisation internationally recognised and accepted proof that its system for managing information security – its ISMS or cyber security readiness – is of an acceptable, independently audited and verified standard.
IT Governance is an information technology governance, risk and compliance specialist offering a single source for consultancy, training and related books and publications. We are recognized as a leading authority on data security and IT governance for business and the public sector.
See the ISO 27001 – Complete ITG Proposition today!