ISO 27001 is the international standard that describes best practice for an information security management system (ISMS).
Barriers to ISO 27001 implementation include insufficient resources and the failure of executive teams to grasp the extent of information security risks.
A successful ISO 27001 ISMS project relies on genuine commitment and support from top management. With it, your project will get the financial and human resources it needs, and the ISMS will be aligned with the organisation’s strategic goals.
What are the benefits of implementing ISO 27001?
Successfully implementing ISO 27001 will demonstrate to new and existing customers that your organisation is following information security best practice.
Other benefits include:
- Meeting increasing client demands for greater data security;
- Avoiding the financial penalties and losses associated with data breaches;
- Protecting and enhancing your reputation; and
- Meeting local and global security laws, such as the Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS Directive) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Essential resources to improve your ISO 27001 knowledge
Our cost-effective ISO 27001 Expertise Bundle will give you a comprehensive understanding of the Standard and equip you with the essential resources and skills you need to convince the board to invest in ISO 27001. It also provides guidance on the first steps to take once you have gained project approval. The bundle includes:
- A must-have guide for presenting the compelling business case for ISO 27001 investment;
- A pocket guide to understand the possible breach scenarios your organisation could face and the true costs involved;
- An indispensable book to equip you with the sales skills you need to persuade the board to invest in information security; and
- An expert guide to help you get to grips with the Standard and make your ISO 27001 implementation project a success.