We normally associate IT certifications with resumes and framed certificates, but in a recent report (15 Top Paying IT Certifications) we find out the real monetary value connected with having such a certification.
This survey (conducted by Global Knowledge) collected data from over 200 respondents and compiled a report to fairly represent the average annual wage for a person with that particular IT certification.
Get ready, here are the IT certifications in order of most paid:
- PMP® – Project Management Professional – ($111,209)
- CISSP® – Certified Information Systems Security Professional – ($110,342)
- CCDA® – Cisco Certified Design Associate – ($101,915)
- ITIL® v3 Foundation – ($97,691)
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – ($91,650)
- VCP – VMware Certified Professional – ($91,648)
- CCNP® – Cisco Certified Network Professional – ($90,457)
- CompTIA Server+ – ($84,997)
- MCITP – Microsoft Certified IT Professional – ($84,330)
- CCNA® – Cisco Certified Network Associate – ($82,923)
- MCSA – Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator – ($82,923)
- CompTIA Security+ – ($80,066)
- MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional – ($79,363)
- CCENT® – Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician – ($74,764)
- CompTIA Network+ – ($71,207)
As lovely as all this looks, it’s worth noting that you can’t just walk into a high paying job with just an IT certification – it will be heavily dependent on your level of experience too.
“There was a time when, if you had a certification, you were reasonably assured of getting a job. Now it is more of a disqualifier – not having a certification means you may not even get an interview.”
Source: Global Knowledge Report
For distance and e-Learning courses to achieve these certifications, click on the relevant links below: