The rise of e-commerce has made it much easier for consumers to find alternative suppliers of products and services from around the world. This, of course, has meant that competition has become an even bigger motivation for organisations.
The go-to-response to stay competitive is often to drop prices, but this isn’t always a sustainable option. A more proactive response is to produce better quality for money, and reminding customers of this when they’re weighing up your products and services against someone else’s.
That’s when ISO 9001 comes in.
ISO 9001 is the international standard that sets out the criteria for a quality management system (QMS). By certifying to ISO 9001, organisations can demonstrate to customers and stakeholders that they are consistently providing products and services that meet their needs.
There are other benefits
ISO 9001 compliance will help you to:
- Demonstrate your organisation’s ability to consistently provide quality products and services
- Meet your customers’ needs, and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Win and retain more clients with better customer service
- Improve operational performance by cutting errors and increasing profits
- Become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace
- Widen business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
How do I start?
Deciding to adopt a QMS is a strategic decision that will help organisations improve their overall performance and customer satisfaction, while increasing the operational efficiency.
IT Governance offers a vast range of services and tools for organisations of all types and sizes.
Read the latest requirements for building an ISO 9001:2015-compliant QMS.
Containing pre-written templates, the ISO 9001:2015 QMS Documentation Toolkit will save you time and money when implementing an ISO 9001:2015-compliant QMS.
Our fixed-price consultancy service provides experienced consultants with quality management expertise to produce a tailored QMS that suits your business, is cost-effective and meets the requirements of ISO 9001.