Will the Information Commissioner be knocking on your door?
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has confirmed that it is in the process of imposing fines against two organisations in the UK that have breached the Data Protection Act (1998).
Deputy information commissioner, David Smith told V3.co.uk at an Internet Society event in London last week, that the regulator hopes that the fines will make a significant statement about data protection.
“There have been a lot of questions asked of us about whether we are actually going to fine firms, and I can assure people that we will be actively using this power.”
Confirmed David Smith, Deputy Information Commissioner at the ICO.
To prevent your organisation from being the third to be fined this month, we have reduced the price of this course to £295 (normally £440).
The IT Governance Data Protection Act (DPA) 1-Day Course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to understand the legal requirements to ensure that you register with the Information Commissioner as soon as possible.
Course delegates will go back to their companies with up-to-date knowledge of the current legal compliance position around personal data, including:
- The 8 Principles of the DPA
- Powers of the Information Commissioner
- Individuals’ legal rights
- The new DPA enforcement regime
- Options available for ensuring compliance.
Data Protection Act (DPA) 1-Day Course – 12 October in London.
- Don’t be the Third Organisation to be fined!
- Achieve compliance to the Data Protection Act (1998) quickly.
- Book on the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1-Day Course at the special reduced price of £295…